Cogent Asset Management Ltd, a specialist Fund Management boutique, was launched by Citywire AAA rated manager Ian Lancaster and Paul Bethell in September 2013.
Utilising a proprietary quantitative strategy, Cogent manages public equity Funds including Islamic Global Equity, Global Equity, China Equity, Islamic SE Asia Equity and ASEAN Equity. In addition, Cogent manages a range of European regulated specialist investment vehicles and structured products which provide investors access to income producing assets.
Cogent has an excellent track-record of generating superior investment returns for clients, with an emphasis on risk management and transparency. Funds managed by the team have received top ratings from Citywire, S&P and Morningstar.
Ian has 30 years experience of Fund Management, successfully investing long-only and absolute return equity funds for global institutions such as Reliance, AXA, General Accident and Aviva.
June is an Investment Analyst at Cogent Asset Management with responsibility for developing database management systems and quantitative asset management architecture. Junes M.Sc. dissertation employs fuzzy logic algorithms within decision making outcomes. She leads the team in the application of Artificial Intelligence techniques within asset management.
Amos is an Investment Analyst at Cogent Asset Management with responsibility for the top performing Shariah-compliant Funds. He oversees IT platforms and assists in the development and maintenance of the quantitative asset management architecture. Amos is completing an M.Sc. in Computer Science.
Sunny is an Investment Analyst at Cogent Asset Management with responsibility Luxembourg domiciled Funds and Saudi Arabian equity research. In addition he assists in the development and maintenance of the quantitative asset management architecture.
- Acting or offering to act as portfolio manager of a portfolio of securities on behalf of clients.
- Managing activities in the acquisition or disposal of a portfolio of securities.
- Managing clients’ discretionary accounts including Labuan Private Funds.
- Conducting securities analysis and making investment recommendations based on client’s investment objectives and financial situation.
- Providing advice concerning securities including the issuance of research report and analysis.
- Providing consultancy and advisory services relating to corporate finance and financial planning for corporate clients.
- Making submissions on behalf of clients to Labuan FSA in respect of securities including any other reporting requirements.
- Issuing documents which are deemed to be a prospectus under the LFSSA/LIFSSA and the LCA.
Dealing in securities
- Quoting two way prices and dealing in securities.
- Arranging for the sale or purchase of securities including those that are not listed on a stock market, issued by, belonging to or on behalf of clients.
- Underwriting of securities and placement out of such underwritten securities.
- Other dealing in securities as permitted under section 2 of LFSSA/LIFSSA.
- NOMINATED for Best Islamic Fund Management Company Malaysia 2019 by Global Banking and Finance Review
- Investment Advisor to WSF Global Equity Fund, WINNER of Islamic Business and Finance Award 2012, Best Islamic Global Equity Fund
- Investment Advisor to WSF Global Equity Fund - Morningstar 4 STAR RATED.